THE WINCHESTER-NABU DETECTIVE AGENCY
ï¿¼AMBER LOVE 02-APR-2018 My work is supported by the generous backers who adore my cat stories at Patreon.com/amberunmasked and they also get first access to whatâ€™s happening with my books and podcast. Also, I’m an Amazon Influencer so you can shop through my personal recommendations and buy my books with these handy links below:
[amazon_link asins=’1976417228,B07255N3VW,0998061506,B01AV44VR2,1517165806′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’amberunmasked-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’f1e7490e-a2e0-11e7-b05a-4d0009f1e1ae’]
ADVENTURES WITH GUS â€“ CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN: THE TWO OF WANDS
- Chapter One – The Great Hunt
- Chapter Two – The Great Escape
- Chapter Three – The DaVinci Plan
- Chapter Four – On the Wild Side
- Chapter Five – The Leash I Could Do
- Chapter Seven – The Two Snakes
- Chapter Eight – Heat Wave
- Chapter Nine – The Sleepless Detective
- Chapter Ten – Baby Beasts
- Chapter Eleven – The Blue Dahlia
- Chapter Twelve – Stray Cat Strut
- Chapter Thirteen – The Strange Case of DI Nabu and Mr. Hyde
- Chapter Fourteen – Gus and the Grumpy Old Man
- Chapter Fifteen – The Night of the Hunter
- Chapter Sixteen – On Dangerous Ground
- Chapter Seventeen – Escape in the Fog
- Chapter Eighteen – World of Witcherscape
- Chapter Nineteen – Romancing the Stone
- Chapter Twenty – Where the Sidewalk Ends
- Chapter Twenty-one – Out of the Fog
- Chapter Twenty-two – The Moletiverse
- Chapter Twenty-three – To Kill a Woodpecker
- Chapter Twenty-four – Follow Me Quietly
- Chapter Twenty-five – Hell’s Half Acre
- Chapter Twenty-six – Black Snake Moan
- Chapter Twenty-seven – Night of Terror
- Chapter Twenty-eight – Spellbound
- Chapter Twenty-nine – Ghost Rider
- Chapter Thirty – Chips in the Wall
- Chapter Thirty-one – Of Mice and Men
- Chapter Thirty-Two – The Fairies’ Dancing Place
- Chapter Thirty-Three – The Lovely Bones
- Chapter Thirty-Four – Two Hounds of the Baskervilles
- Chapter Thirty-Five – Training Day
- Chapter Thirty-Six -Â The House on Haunted Hill
- Chapter Thirty-Seven -Â Guardians of New Jersey
- Chapter Thirty-Eight – The Big Country
- Chapter Thirty-Nine – State of the Agency Address
- Chapter Forty – A Real Stick in the Mud
- Chapter Forty-one – Despereaux Times, Despereaux Measures
- Chapter Forty-two – Footsteps in the Fog
- Chapter Forty-three – Four Boys and a Gun
- Chapter Forty-four – Rabbit Angstrom
- Chapter Forty-five – Gateways
- Chapter Forty-six – The Two Towers
Where we left off…
Gus and Oliver celebrated their birthdays (or adoption days) by getting new cat furniture. Ollie doesn’t seem interested in it at all. Spring entered New Jersey with a blizzard.
THE WINCHESTER-NABU ESTATE. INTERIOR.
Taking adventures through the woods with Gus has certainly paid off with exploring the natural world and with finding special treasures. We try not to have a huge carbon footprint. I only pick up and take things that are of particular interest and will be cared for inside the Winchester-Nabu Detective Agency headquarters. It’s kind of like “The Library” in that sense.
Have I mentioned how much of an indoors person I am? I’m not “outdoorsy”. My skin hates the sun. I have bug phobias. I’m not athletic. Yet, this panther child has me hiking almost every day, sometimes twice. I’ve been grateful for snow days in this particular case. Bonding with nature is something I haven’t done in decades. Though this has been a harsh winter, it’s been a good one for me and Gus. We’ve spent a fair amount of time out there in the woods exploring whenever it was above twenty degrees. I would have preferred a minimum temperature of forty, but Gus knows exactly what whining pitch to make that will irritate me until I take him out.
After a couple of the March storms, I found some lovely little sticks during Guster walks. They were interesting because the wind stripped all the bark from them. They appear to be the same wood, but I don’t know what that is.
To me, they looked like magickal wands that wouldn’t need any alterations to put into use. I suppose they could have wrapped ribbon handles or some extra sanding to the points, but I like them the way they are.
Gus hasn’t taken any interest in magickal rituals. He chooses to investigate the maging portals and check on the fae folk. If I get the tarot cards out, he looks at them and then usually lies down on them.
“The olive branch has been consecrated to peace, palm branches to victory, the laurel to conquest and poetry, the myrtle to love and pleasure, the cypress to mourning, and the willow to despondency.” Dorothea Dix