FROM 2010 – PRESENT This gallery includes photos of my poses and the work by the artists. They are students and professionals from open studio sessions, schools and museums. I have countless DISCLAIMERS explaining to people about what I do. It is imperative for artists to learn their trade by practicing with the use of live models. Live modeling is a completely different experience for them than referencing photographs. Likewise, it’s a completely different and liberating experience as a model.
I don’t expect everyone to understand. I also don’t expect everyone to approve. I do however expect enough respect that if you are offended by what I do, that you simply leave my sites, unfriend me, unfollow me, and go in peace.
Since 2010, I have modeled for the following establishments:
- * Pittsburgh South Arts, Open Studios, PA
- * Dr. Sketchy’s Anti-Art School, Pittsburgh, PA
- * Caldwell College, NJ
- * The Joe Kubert School of Cartooning & Graphic Arts, NJ
- * duCret School of Art Classes & Open Studios, NJ
- * Montclair Art Museum’s Yard School, NJ
- * County College of Morris, NJ
- * Hunterdon Art Museum, NJ
- * Morris County Art Association, NJ
- * Princeton Council of the Arts, NJ
- * Robert Beck Gallery, Lambertville, NJ
- * The Hive Arts Center, Chester, NJ
If you are interested in hiring me, please email me at amberlovescomics (at) gmail (dot) com. I do not accept “solo” modeling offers unless I have personally met the artist and feel comfortable. Fees range from $20-30 per hour depending on clothed/nude and distance to travel.
DUCRET SCHOOL OF ART
NEWTON ART GUILD
PRINCETON COUNCIL OF THE ARTS
DUCRET SCHOOL OF ART
COUNTY COLLEGE OF MORRIS
I made a sample gallery of figure poses. Unfortunately it was low rez with a self timer on my web cam so in a lot of them there are various appendages cut off.
SPRING/SUMMER 2014 GALLERY
More photos from the session at DuCret on 9/16/2014 are posted in the sample figure poses page.
Jay E. Fife Portraits
Jay is one of my closest friends and we’ve done quite a bit of work together. Typically what we would do, since we hardly see each other, is shoot several hundred photos that go into Jay’s stockpile of reference photos. Then when he needs a certain look or pose, he rifles through his files and finds something that suits his work. You can can often find him at conventions around the Pittsburgh and Columbus areas. There are a lot more of these photos in the photo galleries but since some were used for Jay’s illustration, I wanted to show them together. They span from 2010-2012. Check the other galleries in the menu for a complete look at these photoshoots and others that I’ve shot with Jay:
- Harley Quinn Psycho Pinups
- Behind the Scenes Gypsy Witch
- Behind the Scenes Blue BikiniÂ (the source of The Bride poster)
- Catwoman Theme
- Rogue Sexy Pinups
- Noir Motel
- Steampunk Elegance