Costume Tutorial: Ms. Marvel / Carol Danvers (Marvel Avengers)Â
Date: Completed September 9, 2011.
Debut: October 1, 2011 at Superheroes for Hayley fundraiser
I’ve started embarking on costume challenges. In the Spring I gave myself the challenge of building a suit at a convention and created the Black Widow at the CGS Supershow. Here, I decided to try and make a costume without spending any money. I used items from my wardrobe and fabric in my boxes. In the endÂ this only cost me $11 for the gloves.
Just needs a few seam touch ups where the elastic is rolling outward and showing. *smirk* Always something. Since I didn’t want to spend money on it, I wore over-the-knee socks with knee-high boots already from my wardrobe. I worked on the bodysuit over the course of two or three days.
The foot needs to be lifted a lot to keep from dragging on the vinyl. I don’t have a teflon foot. Wish I did.
Installing the zipper.
Not sure what on earth I did differently here but for some reason, there’s a really odd section at the low back area that pooches out. I’ve used this pattern before (with sleeves) and didn’t have this issue.
Since it came from scraps, the sash is three pieces sewn together to get the length I wanted. I also sewed about a 12″ on either end together to make it hide the seams. It gives it a more finished look and the midsection that actually goes around the body can be bunched up the way she’s drawn.