JUST A FEW AREAS AROUND THE WEB THAT MIGHT BE OF INTEREST TO PEOPLE HAVING HEALTH STRUGGLES LATELY, IN PARTICULAR MENTAL HEALTH
- NAMI NJ
- Poetry contest deadline April 3
- Dara Axelrod Expressive Arts Network
- Live Through This – stories of survivors – to make donations
- American Kennel Club approved dog therapy organizations
- Stand for Silent – gives school presentations on bullying and the risk of it leading to suicide
- Buddy ProjectÂ – pairs people to become friends through common interests aimed at preventing suicide and self harm
TWITTER CHATS AND HASHTAGS:
- #CripTheVote Alice Wong @SFdirewolf
- #SpoonieSpeak and @SpoonieSpeak run by @Whentaniatalks for weekend chats
- #SpoonieChat run by @DawnMGibson on Wednesdays 8-10pm EST
- Depression Comix
- Your Glass Ceiling by Howie Noel
- Review: OGN by Ellen Forney “Marbles: Mania, Depression, Michelangelo, and Me”
- We Rate Dogs @dogs_rates
- Likewise, people submit to @CatReviewer but it appears to be a defunct account. You can still mention it and your cat encounters will show up.
- Fun alternative universe twitter accounts like @PresVillain are particularly great for comic nerds who need a crack in the tension of politics.
April is a CampNaNoWriMo month! It’s more relaxed than the official November NaNoWriMo. You have more options so you can set your writing goal for number of words, number of pages, or number of hours. You can also join virtual cabins so you have a dedicated support system of a smaller group. Camps still have access to the regular NaNoWriMo forums too. There are plenty of partnership/discount offers like in November. If you are looking for a way to introduce writing into your routine, a Camp is a great way to start.