Three Days of Stupendous Spectacles, Magnificent Musics & Fantastic Facial Hair!
[Piscataway, NJ – April 27, 2015] – TheÂ SteampunkÂ World’s Fair (Â steampunkworldsfair.comÂ ) is firing up pistons and stoking the blast furnace in anticipation of a 6th year in Piscataway, New Jersey! Wondrous sights, sounds and adventure from an era of Scifi/Victorian super science await children of all ages this May 15th through 17th. Visitors may explore two hotels filled to overflowing (quite literally, as we use the courtyards too) with craftspeople, costumers, exotic teas, artists, writers and more. Around every corner you’ll find live music, programming to entertain or spark your intellect, circus performers and our costumed guests, which are a spectacle all their own! Grab a costume and join the fun, or just come as you are and enjoy. We promise a full day of fun!
Some of this year’s show highlights include:
- A full lineup of panels including “O Gothic Novel How I Cannot Help But Love Thee”, “Poison Apples and Pretty Witches”, “Field Guide to the Cthulhu Mythos”, “Superhuman: Stories of Houdini” and a trio of bone chilling presentations on Edgar Allan Poe
- Meet International Best Selling Author Gail Carriger (Soulless, Waistcoats & Weaponry and her newest release, The Custard Protocol Book 1)
- The Corsettes Burlesque and Cabaret Troupe
- Quick and the Dead Quick-Draw Competition
- Aerial Acrobat Azkadelia The Mad Hattress
- The Princess Bride Interactive Screening
- Galiaâ€™s Slightly Perilous Childrenâ€™s Wonderland
- HVBRIS Fire Performance Troupe
- Gentleman Badass Professor Donnelly’s Workshops entitled “Kicking Ass in a Corset” and “Shillelagh and Irish Stick Fighting”
- Music from the amazingÂ Emperor Nortonâ€™s Stationary Marching Band, the unforgettableÂ This Way to the Egress and the show stopping phenomenon,Â Steam Powered Giraffe!
Of course, this is just a meager sampling of the entertainment assembling at this year’sÂ SteampunkÂ World’s Fair. Over 200 adventures await the stalwart traveler, assuring you’ll have a weekend you’ll never forget. Tickets can be purchased in advance atÂ http://steampunkworldsfair.
com/tickets/Â and VIP opportunities are going fast (and we don’t say that casually..these folks love their Tea Parties!) Â See you at the fair!
1 Comment on This weekend! STEAMPUNK WORLD’S FAIR!!
Comments are closed.
Ah steampunk I always like to think that maybe England in the 19th century or other places back then might had made some things truly fantastic god I miss those Matt Smith episodes him in Victorian England wearing those Victorian clothes wreaking havoc 21st century style