MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE
ALMOST READY TO SUBMIT
AMBER LOVE 31-MAR-2017 The entire Farrah Wethers mystery series has been possible because of the backers at Patreon.com/amberunmasked.
REALLY FINAL-FINAL DRAFT PROCESS:
I made some last minute typo fixes to the files and have them all ready to go. Thomas Boatwright has the template to work his magic on the cover art. I didn’t get to pay him nearly enough so if you can add to his Patreon or share his links too that would be much appreciated.
- Did as much proofreading and revisions as possible in Scrivener.
- Compiled as Word to get a good look at chapters together in one file.
- Copied chapters into CreateSpace Word template.
- Formatted Chapter headings and table of contents, front matter, back matter.
- Did all the proofreading and edits again in Word; good thing because I caught some stuff.
- Did all the CreateSpace steps like ISBN, meta data, descriptions, prices, etc.
- Saved as PDF and tested interior file in CreateSpace.
- With page count set, downloaded the cover template for appropriate number of pages.
- Created the text layers for cover and sent template to artist for art.
- Emailed some author friends with advanced digital copies because I can’t afford to upload to NetGalley.
One thing that CreateSpace could improve is having the availability to pre-order. Amazon owns them and Amazon allows pre-orders for Kindle books. It makes it a bit easier to drum up a promotion plan for the actual day of launch. They could do with a file type other than PDF, but I’ve managed to make it work.
Total word countRevisit my daily word counts: 74,500
Started writing: March 3, 2016
Finished rough draft: July 1, 2016
(Took a break to work on NaNoWriMo 2016)
Final draft: March 23, 2017
Planned pub date: May 1, 2017
LEFT TO DO:
- Review cover art.
- Convert to PDF.
- Upload files.
- Launch the book.
I organized the posts on this site so that there are tags for each book and the series as a whole: tag/cardiac-arrest, tag/full-body-manslaughter, tag/miscarriage-of-justice, tag/farrah-wethers-series.