My latest review covers SWEETS #2 for Dynamic Forces and is up and ready to be relished. This series impressed in ways that are quite simply missing from mainstream superhero books I normally get. In fact, exploring books like SWEETS has made my revamp my pull list completely for budgetary reasons and for the sake of experiencing a different genre of storytelling. I will truly miss THE FANTASTIC FOUR, DAREDEVIL and the new SHADOWLANDS but sometimes I just need to change things up and not feel all the fan-guilt I do when I drop something.
My revised sub list:
- TINY TITANS
- WONDER WOMAN (ok, so I’ll give it a few issues before dropping it again)
- LOVE AND CAPES
- CAPTAIN SWING AND THE ELECTRICAL PIRATES OF CINDERY ISLAND
I’ll be testing my patience to wait for trades from now on.
- THE ALCOHOLIC by Jonathan Ames and Dean Haspiel
- COWBOYS AND ALIENS by Fred VanLente and Andrew Foley with Dennis Calero
- MYSTERIUS THE UNFATHOMABLE by Jeff Parker and Tom Fowler (check out Tom Fowler on comictwart!)
- LUNA PARK by Kevin Baker and Danijel Zezelj
- TANK GIRL: SKIDMARKS by Alan Martin and Rufus Dayglo