100% OF IMAGE COMICS’ PRIDE MONTH 25TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER PROCEEDS TO GO TO HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN
PORTLAND, OR, 05/10/2017 — Image Comics is pleased to reveal the first six of eleven variants planned for June’s 25th anniversary theme—“Pride Month.” The variants will serve to celebrate the LGBTQ community and the progress made by the Gay Liberation Movement in promoting inclusivity and support for all. 100% of the proceeds made from these June Pride variant covers will be donated to Human Rights Campaign.
“We are so thankful for the opportunity to support the LGBTQ community during Pride Month this year by partnering once again with the Human Rights Campaign,” said Eric Stephenson, Publisher at Image Comics. “It’s never been a secret that Image Comics is supportive of creative freedom, but it’s important that we also make it clear that we stand for inclusivity, diversity, and equality, now more than ever. We hope these variants will serve as a positive display of that ongoing commitment.”
Each month of Image’s 25th year will boast a theme for special anniversary variants.
Available in stores on Wednesday, June 7th (Final order cutoff deadline Monday, May 15th):
- THE WALKING DEAD #168 by Robert Kirkman & Charlie Adlard, cover art by Sina Grace, cover colors by Tamra Bonvillain (Diamond Code MAR178612)
- THE DIVIDED STATES OF HYSTERIA #1 by Howard Chaykin, cover by Chaykin (Diamond Code MAR178603)
Available in stores on Wednesday, June 14th (Final order cutoff deadline Monday, May 22nd):
- BITCH PLANET: TRIPLE FEATURE #1 by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Valentine De Landro, cover by De Landro (Diamond Code MAR178611)
- ROSE #3 by Meredith Finch and Ig Guara, cover by Guara (Diamond Code MAR178609)
Available in stores on Wednesday, June 21st (Final order cutoff deadline Monday, May 29th):
- CROSSWIND #1 by Gail Simone and Cat Staggs, cover by Staggs (Diamond Code MAR178608)
- GRRL SCOUTS: MAGIC SOCKS #4 by Jim Mahfood, cover by Mahfood (Diamond Code MAR178610)
- THE OLD GUARD #5 by Greg Rucka and Leandro Fernandez, cover by Fernandez (Diamond Code MAR178604)
Available in stores on Wednesday, June 28th (Final order cutoff deadline Monday, June 5th):
- BLACK MAGICK #6 by Greg Rucka and Nicola Scott, cover by Scott (Diamond Code MAR178605)
- DEADLY CLASS #29 by Rick Remender and Wes Craig, cover by Craig (Diamond Code MAR178607)
- SHUTTER #29 by Joe Keatinge and Leila del Duca, cover by del Duca (Diamond Code MAR178606)
- REDNECK #3 by Donny Cates and Lisandro Estherren, cover by Ed Luce (Diamond Code MAR178737)
ABOUT IMAGE COMICS
Image Comics is a comic book and graphic novel publisher founded in 1992 by a collective of bestselling artists. Image has since gone on to become one of the largest comics publishers in the United States. Image currently has five partners: Robert Kirkman, Erik Larsen, Todd McFarlane, Marc Silvestri, and Jim Valentino. It consists of five major houses: Todd McFarlane Productions, Top Cow Productions, Shadowline Comics, Skybound Entertainment, and Image Central. Image publishes comics and graphic novels in nearly every genre, sub-genre, and style imaginable. It offers science fiction, fantasy, romance, horror, crime fiction, historical fiction, humor and more by the finest artists and writers working in the medium today. For more information, visit http://www.imagecomics.com.